I knew about the Trauma Center series in January 2020, when YouTube recommended me a video of a speedrun of New Blood at AGDQ 2020.
I've only played UtK2, but watched the full video walkthrough of SO.
On this wiki, my current focus is on the basic information of each episode in UtK and SO (and later UtK2). I'm also interested in documenting any differences introduced by localization. I can read some Japanese, so I could easily get information from Japanese websites and the Japanese version of the games themselves. English is not my native language, so I might not be suitable for summarizing the story.
I've obtained permission from szsk, a Japanese player and speedrunner of the series, to translate his Japanese strategy guide into English and put them here. If anyone who can read Japanese sees this message, feel free to translate it and complement this wiki.
Thoughts about writing this wikiEdit
Below are some suggestions, or problems I've encountered along the way. I'm not sure where to put them, so I put them here. Feel free to discuss these things on my User talk page.
- Translations for special bonus conditions in the games (SO and UtK2, at least) are... not satisfactory, to say the least. Currently my policy is to follow the official text despite this.
- The original Japanese text for "less than x times" is often "x回以下", which usually means "x times or less". I'm not sure if the number x itself is included in the games.
- All time limit conditions have the word "seconds" left out, for whatever reason. "Completed with 240 left" doesn't make sense at all.
- All conditions on SO 2-3 are strange.
- Japanese Text:
- 超執刀発動を失敗しない (Does not fail to activate HT)
- 超執刀成功発動【2/3/4】回以上 (Successfully activate HT 2/3/4 times or more)
- 超執刀失敗発動【3/2/1】回以下 (Fail to activate HT 3/2/1 times or less)
- English Text:
- Healing Touch activated successfully
- [2/3/4] Skilled Healing Touches
- [3/2/1] Passable Healing Touches
- Why did "success/failure" turn into "skilled/passable"? And why did "or more/or less" disappear? "Activated successfully" and "Does not fail to activate" also means different things. Not sure what should we write on this wiki.
- Japanese Text:
- I would like to put episodes into the following categories: Story-only Episodes (those with no operation), GUILT/Neo-GUILT/Stigma/PGS Operations (each type has its own subcategory), Special Operations (time bomb, lock picking, etc). Just need to figure out how the sub-category system work...
- I kind of want a dedicated "localization differences" page, to aggregate all localization differences information on one page, and also to write some little pieces of information that does not otherwise belong to any page (e.g. the Japan/USA/Europe switcheroo). Maybe I'll create such a page under my user page first?